By Mark Rozell,Ted Jelen,Michael Shally-Jensen
This all-encompassing encyclopedia presents a vast standpoint on U.S. politics, tradition, and society, but in addition is going past the evidence to contemplate the myths, beliefs, and values that aid form and outline the nation.
• deals nearly 225 entries overlaying U.S. politics, tradition, society, and beliefs
• contains an introductory assessment of the forces that experience formed and proceed to form American political tradition and a concluding essay that gathers key thematic threads and appears towards the future
• Covers the myriad ways that American political tradition impacts different features of yankee society
• Examines how cultural symbols and ideology are manipulated to increase political pursuits and determine govt authority
• Connects new matters similar to social media and sexual politics with the political culture
Read or Download American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3 PDF
Similar practical politics books
Comprises 3rd PLENUM! a lot of Western writing approximately China begins with a boastful assumption that Western methods are more desirable and that China’s growth could be measured through the level to which it imitates them. This e-book makes no such assumption. It chronicles the emergence of Western democracy and its particularly brief heritage of common suffrage after which is going directly to painting the intra-party democracy that has arisen in China and looks to be operating good there.
Emile Lahood served in a variety of posts within the army, together with commander-in-chief of the military from 1989 to 1998. In 1998 he had the structure amended to permit the military commander-in-chief to run for place of work inside of 3 years of keeping that submit, and was once therefore elected as President of Lebanon.
The revolution that introduced the African nationwide Congress (ANC) to strength in South Africa was once fractured through inner conflict. Migrant staff from rural Zululand rejected some of the egalitarian values and rules basic to the ANC’s liberal democratic platform and arranged themselves in an try to sabotage the circulation.
Lebanon and Libya have passed through serious political occasions lately. even though, calls for for reform from civic associations in the course of those transitions haven't ended in concrete political judgements. Civil Society and Political Reform in Lebanon and Libya finds the deeply-entrenched old styles and components of continuity that experience resulted in course established results within the political transitions of either international locations.
- Challenging the Secret Government: The Post-Watergate Investigations of the CIA and FBI
- Tying the Autocrat's Hands: The Rise of The Rule of Law in China (Cambridge Studies in Comparative Politics)
- Charting China's Future: Political, Social, and International Dimensions
- From Beijing to Port Moresby: The Politics of National Identity in Cultural Policies
- Military Engagement: Influencing Armed Forces Worldwide to Support Democratic Transitions: 2
- Partisan Priorities
Extra info for American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3
American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3 by Mark Rozell,Ted Jelen,Michael Shally-Jensen