By Jesse Wolfe
Read or Download Bloomsbury, Modernism, and the Reinvention of Intimacy PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
This 2007 significant other bargains the main finished assessment to be had of modernist poetry, its kinds, its significant authors and its contexts. the 1st half explores the historic and cultural contexts and sexual politics of literary modernism and the avant garde. The chapters within the moment half be aware of person authors and events, whereas the concluding half deals a entire assessment of the early reception and next canonisation of modernist poetry.
First released in 2006. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
In problematic Thicket: examining overdue Modernist Poetries, Mark Scroggins writes with wit and sprint a couple of attention-grabbing variety of key 20th- and twenty-first-century poets and writers. In nineteen full of life and available essays, he persuasively argues that the suggestions of modernist verse weren't changed by means of postmodernism, yet particularly these suggestions proceed to infuse modern writing and poetry with highbrow and aesthetic richness.
In 1945, the yankee poet Ezra Pound was once as a result of stand trial for treason for his declares in Fascist Italy throughout the moment global warfare. earlier than the trial may well ensue, although, he used to be reported insane. Escaping a potential dying sentence, he was once despatched to St Elizabeths health center close to Washington, DC, the place he used to be held for over a decade.
- Crowd Violence in American Modernist Fiction: Lynchings, Riots and the Individual Under Assault
- Art and Life in Modernist Prague: Karel Čapek and his Generation, 1911-1938 (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)
- Sul modernismo italiano: a cura di Romano Luperini, Massimiliano Tortora (Letterature) (Italian Edition)
- Restless Secularism: Modernism and the Religious Inheritance
- John Kasper and Ezra Pound: Saving the Republic (Historicizing Modernism)
- British Fiction and Cross-Cultural Encounters: Ethnographic Modernism from Wells to Woolf
Additional info for Bloomsbury, Modernism, and the Reinvention of Intimacy
Bloomsbury, Modernism, and the Reinvention of Intimacy by Jesse Wolfe