By Sarah G. Thomason
Read Online or Download Endangered Languages: An Introduction (Cambridge Textbooks in Linguistics) PDF
Similar linguistics books
This choice of papers takes linguists to the forefront of recommendations in generative lexicon conception, the linguistic composition technique that arose from the principal to supply a compositional semantics for the contextual adjustments in that means that emerge in genuine linguistic utilization. Today’s transforming into shift in the direction of disbursed compositional analyses evinces the applicability of GL thought, and the contributions to this quantity, offered at 3 foreign workshops (GL-2003, GL-2005 and GL-2007) deal with the connection among compositionality in language and the mechanisms of choice in grammar which are essential to retain this estate.
Modern-day around the world ideological tensions have captured the curiosity of such assorted disciplines as political technological know-how, anthropology, sociology, cultural reviews and linguistics. There are basic explanation why translation experiences can't forget about the ideological debate. traditionally, translation has consistently been a website for ideological clashes.
The second one variation of functional Occupational medication bridges the space among day by day medical perform, involved essentially with prognosis and therapy of illness, and occupational wellbeing and fitness perform that is serious about the prevention of work-related illness and the administration of sick healthiness on the subject of the office.
This paintings is a reference grammar of Hup, a member of the Nadahup relations (also often called Makú or Vaupés-Japura), that's spoken within the fascinatingly multilingual Vaupés sector of the northwest Amazon. This exact description and research is proficient by way of a functional-typological point of view, with specific connection with areal touch and grammaticalization.
- The Dream Is Freedom: Pauli Murray and American Democratic Faith
- The Articulatory Basis of Locality in Phonology (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)
- Reinhold Niebuhr: On Politics, Religion, and Christian Faith
- The Present Perfect in Non-Native Englishes: A Corpus-Based Study of Variation (Topics in English Linguistics [TiEL])
- Consonant Strength: Phonological Patterns and Phonetic Manifestations (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)
- Non-Native Prosody: Phonetic Description and Teaching Practice (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM])
Additional info for Endangered Languages: An Introduction (Cambridge Textbooks in Linguistics)
Endangered Languages: An Introduction (Cambridge Textbooks in Linguistics) by Sarah G. Thomason