By David Bradshaw,Kevin J. H. Dettmar
- An crucial source for college students and academics of modernist literature and culture
- Broad in scope and entire in coverage
- Includes greater than 60 contributions from essentially the most exclusive modernist students on either side of the Atlantic
- Brings jointly entries on components of modernist tradition, modern highbrow and aesthetic pursuits, and all of the genres of modernist writing and art
- Features 25 essays at the sign texts of modernist literature, from James Joyce’s Ulysses to Zora Neal Hurston’s Their Eyes have been observing God
- Pays shut cognizance to either British and American modernism
Read or Download A Companion to Modernist Literature and Culture (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary modernism criticism books
This 2007 significant other deals the main finished evaluation to be had of modernist poetry, its varieties, its significant authors and its contexts. the 1st half explores the historic and cultural contexts and sexual politics of literary modernism and the avant garde. The chapters within the moment half be aware of person authors and hobbies, whereas the concluding half bargains a complete evaluate of the early reception and next canonisation of modernist poetry.
First released in 2006. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
In tricky Thicket: analyzing past due Modernist Poetries, Mark Scroggins writes with wit and sprint a few interesting diversity of key 20th- and twenty-first-century poets and writers. In nineteen energetic and obtainable essays, he persuasively argues that the strategies of modernist verse weren't changed through postmodernism, yet particularly these recommendations proceed to infuse modern writing and poetry with highbrow and aesthetic richness.
In 1945, the yank poet Ezra Pound used to be as a result of stand trial for treason for his proclaims in Fascist Italy through the moment international warfare. prior to the trial may possibly occur, despite the fact that, he was once said insane. Escaping a potential dying sentence, he used to be despatched to St Elizabeths medical institution close to Washington, DC, the place he was once held for over a decade.
- The Censorship Effect: Baudelaire, Flaubert, and the Formation of French Modernism
- Wider Boundaries of Daring: The Modernist Impulse in Canadian Women’s Poetry
- Modernist Eroticisms: European Literature After Sexology (Palgrave Studies in Modern European Literature)
- Modernism and the Architecture of Private Life (Gender and Culture Series)
- Incomparable Empires: Modernism and the Translation of Spanish and American Literature (Modernist Latitudes)
- The Cambridge Companion to the American Modernist Novel (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
Extra info for A Companion to Modernist Literature and Culture (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Modernist Literature and Culture (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by David Bradshaw,Kevin J. H. Dettmar