By Jean-Michel Rabaté
Featuring the newest learn findings and exploring the interesting interaction of modernist authors and highbrow luminaries, from Beckett and Kafka to Derrida and Adorno, this daring new choice of essays provides scholars a deeper snatch of key texts in modernist literature.
- Provides a wealth of clean views on canonical modernist texts, that includes the most recent learn data
- Adopts an unique and inventive thematic method of the topic, with ideas akin to race, legislations, gender, type, time, and beliefs forming the constitution of the collection
- Explores present and ongoing debates at the hyperlinks among the aesthetics and praxis of authors and modernist theoreticians
- Reveals the profound ways that modernist authors have encouraged key thinkers, and vice versa
Read or Download A Handbook of Modernism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
This 2007 better half deals the main finished review on hand of modernist poetry, its kinds, its significant authors and its contexts. the 1st half explores the old and cultural contexts and sexual politics of literary modernism and the avant garde. The chapters within the moment half pay attention to person authors and pursuits, whereas the concluding half deals a complete review of the early reception and next canonisation of modernist poetry.
First released in 2006. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
In problematic Thicket: analyzing past due Modernist Poetries, Mark Scroggins writes with wit and sprint a couple of interesting variety of key 20th- and twenty-first-century poets and writers. In nineteen energetic and obtainable essays, he persuasively argues that the ideas of modernist verse weren't changed via postmodernism, yet fairly these strategies proceed to infuse modern writing and poetry with highbrow and aesthetic richness.
In 1945, the yank poet Ezra Pound was once because of stand trial for treason for his announces in Fascist Italy throughout the moment international conflict. ahead of the trial might ensue, notwithstanding, he used to be reported insane. Escaping a potential loss of life sentence, he used to be despatched to St Elizabeths medical institution close to Washington, DC, the place he was once held for over a decade.
- Sul modernismo italiano: a cura di Romano Luperini, Massimiliano Tortora (Letterature) (Italian Edition)
- Ethnic Modernism and the Making of US Literary Multiculturalism
- Ritual, Myth and the Modernist Text: The Influence of Jane Ellen Harrison on Joyce, Eliot and Woolf
- Playing Smart: New York Women Writers and Modern Magazine Culture (The American Literatures Initiative)
- The Medieval Presence in Modernist Literature: The Quest to Fail
- Rethinking Race, Politics, and Poetics: C.L.R. James' Critique of Modernity (Routledge Studies in Cultural History)
Additional info for A Handbook of Modernism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks)
A Handbook of Modernism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) by Jean-Michel Rabaté