By María Mercedes Andrade
Read Online or Download Ambivalent Desires: Representations of Modernity and Private Life in Colombia (1890s-1950s) PDF
Best literary modernism criticism books
This 2007 better half bargains the main complete evaluation to be had of modernist poetry, its kinds, its significant authors and its contexts. the 1st half explores the ancient and cultural contexts and sexual politics of literary modernism and the avant garde. The chapters within the moment half be aware of person authors and events, whereas the concluding half bargains a finished evaluate of the early reception and next canonisation of modernist poetry.
First released in 2006. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
In elaborate Thicket: interpreting overdue Modernist Poetries, Mark Scroggins writes with wit and sprint a few attention-grabbing variety of key 20th- and twenty-first-century poets and writers. In nineteen full of life and obtainable essays, he persuasively argues that the suggestions of modernist verse weren't changed by means of postmodernism, yet really these suggestions proceed to infuse modern writing and poetry with highbrow and aesthetic richness.
In 1945, the yankee poet Ezra Pound was once because of stand trial for treason for his proclaims in Fascist Italy throughout the moment global struggle. ahead of the trial might happen, although, he used to be stated insane. Escaping a potential demise sentence, he used to be despatched to St Elizabeths clinic close to Washington, DC, the place he used to be held for over a decade.
- Sul modernismo italiano: a cura di Romano Luperini, Massimiliano Tortora (Letterature) (Italian Edition)
- 2017: Volume 7 (International Yearbook of Futurism Studies)
- War Trauma and English Modernism: T. S. Eliot and D. H. Lawrence
- T. E. Hulme and the Ideological Politics of Early Modernism (Historicizing Modernism)
- The Objectivist Nexus: Essays in Cultural Poetics (Modern & Contemporary Poetics)
- The Selected Poetry of Robinson Jeffers (The Collected Poetry of Robinson Jeffers)
Additional info for Ambivalent Desires: Representations of Modernity and Private Life in Colombia (1890s-1950s)
Ambivalent Desires: Representations of Modernity and Private Life in Colombia (1890s-1950s) by María Mercedes Andrade