By Maureen Honey
Read or Download Aphrodite's Daughters: Three Modernist Poets of the Harlem Renaissance PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
This 2007 spouse deals the main complete review on hand of modernist poetry, its varieties, its significant authors and its contexts. the 1st half explores the historic and cultural contexts and sexual politics of literary modernism and the avant garde. The chapters within the moment half be aware of person authors and activities, whereas the concluding half deals a finished review of the early reception and next canonisation of modernist poetry.
First released in 2006. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
In tricky Thicket: analyzing overdue Modernist Poetries, Mark Scroggins writes with wit and sprint a few interesting diversity of key 20th- and twenty-first-century poets and writers. In nineteen full of life and obtainable essays, he persuasively argues that the thoughts of modernist verse weren't changed by means of postmodernism, yet really these thoughts proceed to infuse modern writing and poetry with highbrow and aesthetic richness.
In 1945, the yank poet Ezra Pound used to be because of stand trial for treason for his pronounces in Fascist Italy through the moment global struggle. ahead of the trial may perhaps happen, notwithstanding, he was once reported insane. Escaping a potential dying sentence, he used to be despatched to St Elizabeths medical institution close to Washington, DC, the place he was once held for over a decade.
- The New Poetics of Climate Change: Modernist Aesthetics for a Warming World (Environmental Cultures)
- Framing Pieces: Designs of the Gloss in Joyce, Woolf, and Pound: Designs of the Gloss in Joyce, Woolf and Pound
- The Life and Work of Thomas MacGreevy: A Critical Reappraisal (Historicizing Modernism)
- Testimony on Trial: Conrad, James, and the Contest for Modernism
- Ulysses Explained: How Homer, Dante, and Shakespeare Inform Joyce’s Modernist Vision
Additional info for Aphrodite's Daughters: Three Modernist Poets of the Harlem Renaissance
Aphrodite's Daughters: Three Modernist Poets of the Harlem Renaissance by Maureen Honey